March Break Math Tune-Up
March Break is a great opportunity for students to spend a little bit of time getting caught up. This March Break, LDAYR and Evoke Learning are partnering up for March Break Math Tune- Up, a program designed for students in grades 3-10, who would like to address challenges in math before the final term begins.
At March Break Math Tune-Up students will work in a small group setting (8:1 ratio) to catch up on previous and current units of study.
Throughout the week students will:
- review (present grade level) past and current math units and concepts to identify deficit areas
- fill in any learning gaps through the use of technology, review sheets, practice tests and strategy sheets
- work with the tutor to move through the specific units in math they find most challenging until they have a stronger understanding of the concept
- receive individualized assistance from a math tutor based on their individual learning needs
- work with the tutor to co-create a math strategies handbook tailored to their learning needs
- walk away with a list of resources, tools, and strategies that will assist them in developing a deeper understanding of upcoming math units
March 10-14, 2014
$220 non-LDAYR members
$190 LDAYR members
Workshop fees are transferable but non-refundable.