Managing the Challenges of Online Learning: Evoke Can Help
Education has been disrupted. Students are learning to work remotely, parents are struggling to create an educational environment at home, teachers are adjusting to a new mode and method of teaching, and the support services provided to students with disabilities are difficult to access. Don’t give up! If you’re concerned about whether your child will have gaps in their learning or fail to meet Ontario curriculum requirements in this switch to online instruction, you’re not alone. At Evoke, we’ve gone fully virtual to provide our students with the support and expertise they need to stay on track.
Following the Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum, our tutors, mentors, and coaches are available to work with students online and one-to-one, using a variety of teleconferencing options. Let us help your family navigate this challenging time in your child’s education and ensure a seamless transition to the next year of learning.
How can Evoke assist your family?
- We help students who are unfamiliar with online learning understand academic material, stay organized, complete the graded work they are doing at home, and navigate online resources, ensuring their progress through the curriculum so they can stay on top of their work.
- We make sure that students have a thorough understanding of the appropriate current Ontario grade-level curriculum, and we can help them relearn concepts and material they are struggling with so that they are well prepared for next year. We ensure that each concept in math, science, and literacy is understood and that the student is reaching grade-level expectations, as outlined in the provincial Achievement Chart.
- We offer critical skill development and remediation in reading and writing for elementary and high school students.
- We teach students the key foundational concepts necessary for academic performance, informed by current cognitive science, such as how to study, note-taking strategies, managing procrastination, and time management.
- We assist students who have self-regulation and processing challenges who may need more individual support for online learning and more time to understand and retain material.
- We provide mentors and tutors to high school students who are taking online courses, helping them stay on task, understand material, complete assignments, and prepare for tests and exams.
- We offer the additional support that students with unique and special needs require, ensuring that they have equitable and inclusive opportunities to advance their learning.
- We help students develop routines and keep them engaged—the majority of our students have ADHD and executive functioning challenges—we’re the experts!
- We help students in the elementary grades learn curriculum material that builds an essential foundation in literacy and numeracy—skills critical to future academic success in high school and postsecondary careers.
Contact us to learn more about our summer programs and support services. Together, we can overcome the obstacles posed by this pandemic.