LDAYR and Evoke Present
Executive Functions are the brain processes that enable us to regulate the world around us, utilizing organizational and higher-order learning skills.
Research demonstrates that Executive Function is a better predictor of school performance than a student’s IQ. Development of these skills are essential for success in school and later in life.
These workshops are designed for classroom and subject-area teachers of grade levels 1–12, special education teachers, EA’s, social workers, school principals, and other interested administrators.
Part One: July 2, 2013. 9am-2pm
Part Two: Aug 20, 2013. 9am-2pm
$85 non-LDAYR members
$75 LDAYR members
(light lunch included) A 15% discount will be offered to participants attending both workshops
Address: LDA-York Region
11181 Yonge Street
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Phone: (905) 884-7933 EXT. 23
PART ONE: Executive Function in the Classroom
This workshop will help those working with students with Executive Function deficits better understand:
- What are Executive Functions
- The impact of Executive Function deficits; academic, social and emotional
- Strategies to support Executive Function deficits
- How to use a coach-like approach when working with students
- How Executive Function impacts your classroom
- Establishing effective study strategies (including note-taking approaches and preparation for taking tests)
- How to implement Executive Function support strategies in the classroom by looking at actual student case studies
PART TWO: Executive Function and ADHD
This workshop will help those working with students with Executive Function and ADHD deficits better understand:
- What are ADHD and self-regulation
- The symptoms of ADHD
- How ADHD and self-regulation are linked to Executive Function
- How ADHD impacts Executive Function
- Current science-based research information about ADHD
- Strategies that help in the classroom
To register, please contact LDAYR at 905-884-7933 ext 23 or email@example.com Note: If you are a York Region District School Board teacher, attendance from this session will be sent to Curriculum & Instructional Services so that it can be added to your Learning Plan in Connect2Learn.